Friday Afternoon, 1:45 pm – 5:00 pm
Under the direction of Edward M. Phillips, MD
This special program teaches expedient, evidence-based lifestyle medicine interventions for preventing, treating, and even reversing chronic disease.
- State-of-the-art approaches to weight loss, stress, resiliency, sleep quality and nutrition within a primary care setting
- Guidance to prescribe exercise for maximal health impact
- Techniques for health coaching and motivational interviewing
- Strategies for empowering patients to adopt plant-based home cooking
- Tips for engaging patients
- Best practices for incorporating lifestyle medicine into your current practice
Unique to this program is its degree of active learning, with participants able to practice the approaches taught in this program and get feedback from faculty and one another for:
- Health coaching
- Motivational Interviewing
- Simple approaches to resistance training
It also includes a plant-based cooking demonstration and tasting.